Fieldays is Australasia’s largest annual agricultural trade show. Hamilton transforms into the hub of exhibits featuring cutting edge innovative technology laced with a bit of that number 8-wire flair synonymous to New Zealand.
Fieldays was brought about by a group of local Waikato men keen to showcase the local agricultural business ventures back in 1968. The first Fieldays was held at the Te Rapa Race Course. This first fieldays event originally attracted over 10,000 people.
Since its origin Fieldays has grown in leaps and bounds as kiwis are more keen to showcase our largest economic sector.
Five facts you made not know about Fieldays:
- Proposed names for the event were: “Farm Festival”, “Waikato Festival”, “The Waikato Town and Country Festival”
- Annually the event sees over 38 countries represented at Fieldays
- At its 40th anniversary in 2008 Fieldays saw a record number of 131,000 people coming through the gates over the four days
- There are great ranges of other activities that will keep the whole family entertained. Including the tractor pull, fencing competition and the battle of the bachelors.
- Fieldays “Kiwi’s Best Kitchen” promotes local food and beverages loved by all New Zealand
This annual event sets about both promoting and bringing together the best that New Zealand has to offer.
Make sure not to miss out on the Waikato Sheds and No Bull Sheds Fieldays stand next year. At Fieldays we showcase the complete range of our sheds. So, whether you’re after a farm, lifestyle shed, commercial shed or even habitable shed make sure you talk to the team at Fieldays.
Fieldays 2015 will be held on the 10-13 June.
More information can be found on: www.fieldays.co.nz